Thursday, February 01, 2007

Very Bad Week

This week has not been so good.I received a 1 rating because my partner didn't allow enough time for her swap to arrive.This is very hurtful as I'm the swap hostess and i would never do this to someone.I have more swaps where ladies wont answer their email to let me know if they will or will not be sending.I will have to make those swaps by sending something myself.

We got a ton of snow so i cant get on the road to mail my items.I have just had a bad week.My dear sewing machine which is very very old and given to me by my Great Aunt died.I love the sewing machine almost as much as her.She was my favorite Auntie had no children left me everything.I remember her as a vibrant full of life lady who loved and gave freely.She was also a good business lady bought tons of property in California....Well anyway shes gone now and so is my sewing machine which will set in a corner of my studio,with flowers and a candle in remembrance of her.

I set off to purchase a new one no mean feat if you know what i mean.I ended up getting an embroidery machine which has to be ordered.I also came home with one from Wal Mart to do me in the mean time.It's a singer simple 16 stitch sewing machine.I can take it with me to my quilting group i just joined and my daughter can learn to use it.My husband will be home on the 13 th from his business trip he does once a year.

Well not much else to tell will post soon some more things i plan to work on next week and maybe finish this week...

2 comments:

Sylvia Oreifig said...

Cheer up and I look forward for the tea pot cozy swap, You've answered my wish when you created this sawp. I've enjoyed visiting your blog and it really brought a smile to my face.

My name is Sylvia of Sylvia's creation in the 'swap a tote' (I sent one and never got any in return and it was my first ever swap...)

Sylvia Oreifig said...

Dear Joyce,
Today I was for the first time in 4 weeks home alone (Tomas: my husband at work and Emil: my son in daycare) my poor little baby was ill with too many different things that he was at home demanding attention...
Reason of this comment:
Today I've started your bag and I feel so happy that I'm able to create again new bags. I have an exhibition coming up in July month at our local library and I better get cracking at it :-))
About the exchange for the coffee warmer, please do surprise me for the value of 12 USD.
I'm still very empressed that you have 6 children and you are a year younger than I am. Great accomplishment. I'm no. 3 of a folk of 6 siblings, so I know it is the coolest to be so many.
We can also us email if you want (sylvia.tomas@gmail.com)
Read you soon
Syl