Thursday, January 04, 2007

Some Changes


Today i had some major changes in my life.My mother who Ive been in business with for several years is retiring.I had to decide whether i wanted to keep the name "funky chicken originals" as my business name or not.Since this is the name my mother chose and not me i decided to let it go.I plan to buy a shop in some far away land in the next 2 years.With that in mind i wanted a name that would lend it self to my favorite art form "Fiber Artist"...One of my favorite Authors is Barbara Michaels she doesn't write under that name anymore.She wrote a book a very long time ago called "Stitches In Time"its a wonderful read and i encourage everyone to do so.It goes with the other book Ammie Come Home.The quilt on the front of the cover and the story she created for it is hauntingly beautiful.Which brings me to the reason Ive decided on a Stitch In Time as my new business name.I'm sure others have used it or are using it as well.I plan to have my shop overseas in perhaps France or Spain which means hopefully no-one there has used it.

I will miss my mom who is more of a Paper Artist and journal maker then i am.I'm hoping that we will still be able to spend time together at least once a week as shes promised.

In other news Ive added two more links under "Fiber Artists" and hope you will check them out.I will be adding more as i find them.I really enjoy reading other peoples blogs and often find even more of them when i click on their favorite sites.It will take me a day and a half to link them all on here.I purchased some fabric today a great portion of the walmart stores here will be selling out all of their fabric.Im a bit surprised by that but they claim noone purchases the fabric.I must admit i dont purchase alot of my fabric at walmart.A friend of mine does it for me on ebay and sometimes sells my creations as well.So off i go to wash more fabric and then roll it to be used later.

The only problem im having is where to stash it all.

Until Next Time

Happy Sewing

No comments: